Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back at it!

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm very glad to be back to "normal" around here at last!

When I went to the hand surgeon in December, he told me that I only had a chip fracture of the knuckle where the ligament attaches. I was extremely lucky that all it was happened to be a severely strained ligament and a chip. No surgery and I was able to go back to work. That being said, I was still only able to do half my regular workload and nearly unable to type after work was over, so I decided to stay off blogging for a bit. **Side note: The doctor sent me my own medical transcription and it made me laugh. I guess he really liked me! lol.**
SIL's Amore Tiles Afghan

Over the break, I had a couple of projects get finished up. I made my SIL an afghan (well, I *finished* the afghan) as a replacement for one my nephew pulled apart. I also made my BIL an afghan.... Honestly, I just tucked in the ends of the one I had made and hadn't managed to get to him a while ago, but SHHH! Don't tell! lol.

BIL's Stained Glass Window Afghan
 Since Fuss had asked for a "purple teddy bear" before Christmas when I wasn't able to do it, I made her this bear in just a couple days' time. She didn't like the face, so I'm going to re-do that, but she picked the yarn color out herself and told me she liked it. If I make another, I might try to make him bigger...

Fuss's Bear
I think I just needed the time away from the computer to focus on my family and enjoy our time together. It was nice, but I look forward to adding content here for the rest of the year, including several giveaways and product reviews (some even from my sister!) of great products. I can't wait to see what this year brings to our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment