In the next pic you can see that Hubby tied a bag of kettle corn to the extra strap across the back. That made it super handy.
There are also side pockets that are great for water bottles and other small items. In the pics below, I used the side pockets to store the cords for Fuss's DVD player for the car to make them easily accessible.
1. It has a pull-tight strap so you can adjust from big guys (like my hubby) to small guys (or gals)!
2. As you can see from these 2 photos, the chest strap also moves up and down about 6" to slide to a comfortable position on the chest.
These clips are extremely durable and very easy to snap/unsnap in a hurry. They are also easy to adjust from one size to the other.
There was a slight manufacturer defect in the bag that I received...One of the zipper pulls was on backwards. This did NOT affect function at all and isn't really even noticeable if you don't like to use the double-sided zippers. I'm anal and like to have the zippers meet in the top on the middle, but again, only a minor annoyance. Plus, when I contacted Daddy Nickell about this, he offered to send me another pack! Service through them is VERY fast and the customer interaction and speed of response is A+!
Below, you can see a few other features of the pack that can be really helpful (be sure to scroll to the bottom to see all the pictures of what we managed to pack in this bag for a toddler on a 9-hour car trip):
- A key clip. It doesn't detach, but it is nice for those extra keys.
- Front pocket with a mesh pocket, 3 pen/pencil holders, 2 mid-size pockets for things like tissues or pacifiers, and a large back pocket for things like wipes or batteries.
- A fleece-lined pocket that is perfect for carrying sunglasses (or a cell phone).
- A pocket at the VERY front (with the I'm the Daddy logo) that is actually insulated for bottles!
- Plus 2 elasticized straps at the top and bottom to strap things down to the bag or strap the bag to a stroller.
- The lining is super easy to clean. Fuss's juice bottles spilled inside the insulated pocket and it didn't leak all over the inside (it had a very minor leak at the seam, but it wasn't much). I just used paper towels to wipe it out and it was good to go! The interior of the large pocket is just as easy to clean with a damp paper towel as well.