Friday, November 2, 2012

Goodbye, 20s!

Here we are. I am on the final hours of my 29th year. As of 7:10 a.m. (at least I think that's what my birth record said...I really need to look it up again) I will be 30. In honor of this monumental birthday, I would like to share with you what made my 20s so great.

2002: 2 weeks before my 20th birthday, I went out on my first date with my Hubby. We were kicked out of Eat 'n' Park (who is supposedly open 24 hours) at 4 a.m. after going out for dessert. They wanted to set up the breakfast bar and wouldn't let us stay.

2003: Hubby and I moved from the apartment we shared with a friend of mine into a small rental house. I am not kidding when I say small. This place was literally 300 square feet. The kitchen was a hallway and we had a bathroom that you could sit on the toilet and reach across to turn on the sink! But it was "ours" and we lived there for 2 years. 

2004: We were engaged in September. :)

2005: Married in May and then bought our current home in December. We loved the yard and the neighborhood and have really enjoyed our starter house. 

2007: We bought 2 things. Beast and Hubby's motorcycle. (Some days I'm not sure which was the better investment...lol)

2008: 3 years into our married life, we had a surprise pregnancy. I had come off the Depo-Provera shot and was pregnant less than 6 months later. Unfortunately, a week after finding out, I had my first miscarriage. We were devastated. But since we had gotten over the initial shock and the "Oh my God! What are we going to do!?" phase, we decided to start trying to conceive after my doctor cleared me. 

2009: After nearly a year, 2 rounds of Clomid, and a "break" from TTC, we got pregnant for our Fuss. 

2010: Fuss was born 2 weeks before our 5th anniversary! She was due 2 weeks after, but she decided it was too long to wait. That started the crazy, wonderful life that we currently live.
  
2012: We decided to try for #2, and to my surprise, we ended up pregnant after only 2 months off birth control. Sadly, this one was not meant to be and we miscarried October 23. I am hoping that we can have a successful pregnancy soon, but for now I am counting my blessings of having a wonderful, healthy, and (mostly) happy family! 

Despite the ups-and-downs we have endured, I have to say that my 20s were fabulous and I am really looking forward to the next decade of my life with my Hubby and Fuss.  It's been quite a ride so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment