Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm FINALLY seeing it! It's been 2 years of hard work (as well as those times I get to frustrated to continue for a week) but I'm almost finished with my medical transcription course! Well, I say "almost finished." I still have a ways to go. I'm currently sitting at 61.1% completion. That leaves 38.9% still to do, but I'm confident I can get this done by May 24th. Maybe sooner!

The hardest thing about working on transcription while Fuss is awake is that I have a foot pedal to control the speed/stop/start of my audio files. Right now, my main computer is dismantled due to remodeling. I'm on my laptop. This leaves my foot pedal exposed. Fuss LOVES to come and step on it, on my foot, or just stand on the pedal in general. Quite irritating whilst trying to listen to an audio file. Seriously, had I known online schooling was going to be this difficult, I would have gone for the brick-and-mortar school. I'm not unhappy with my decision overall, though. My only disappointment is that I don't feel like many people have taken me seriously with it.

Now, we have 2 goals: 1. Finish most of our remodel and put the office area and desk back together so I can have my desktop back and be able to place the foot pedal out of harm's way.
2. Finish this schooling once and for all! As soon as I get done, I'm going to get a job. I really hope it's one that will allow me to work from home. Hubby and I just don't want to put Fuss in daycare if we don't have to.

It's nice to finally be able to say I'm on the downward part of this journey though! And I sincerely hope you all will stay with me through the rest of this crazy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment