Monday, January 30, 2012

Awesome Deal on Alpaca Blend Wool Yarn

I'm very excited to get out my crochet hooks and start crocheting again. I haven't crocheted in at least 2 years. At that time I finished an afghan for Fuss (which I still have to weave all my ends in on), but didn't have the ability after that to keep going.

Tonight, while out with my mom, I found some Alpaca blend wool yarn ON CLEARANCE!!! The original price is $8.99 for 3.5 ounces (approximately 115 yds). It was marked down to $4.99. I decided, why not? I'll go ahead and get it. It's an investment after all. What I hadn't taken into account was that the giant CLEARANCE EXTRA 50% OFF sign actually meant that! *Hello, my name is Tara and I am a ditz.* Imagine my surprise, and delight, when I get to the register and each skein is only $1.80! Apparently, they had been marked all the way down to $2.69 even before the extra 50% came off! I'm seriously considering going back to scoop up all that's left. Not necessarily for myself. I can always use it to trade with someone for a new diaper, dress, or necklace.

This yarn is very chunky, so I hope I can make a nice pair of winter longies for Fuss. The other yarns were a lot lighter and thinner, but I think those might make great dresses. I need to stop thinking of ideas and reasons why I *should* buy the rest of that yarn...before I crochet myself into a corner. LOL.

Any particular sites you like to visit for patterns? Words of warning? Words of encouragement?

No comments:

Post a Comment