In some ways this pregnancy has just dragged on. But to think about the fact that as of Saturday (9/7) I will have just 90 days left is mind-blowing! Only 90 days until we see the face of our baby boy. When Fuss is no longer and only child.
I am still back-and-forth on the final decision of VBAC or RCS. On one hand, I really want to try for a VBAC. I feel like I was robbed of the chance with Fuss. The doctors are now starting to push more for a repeat C-section. Reiterating the risks over and over. Telling me that I will have a full staff in the OR and an anesthesiologist the second I go into the hospital until delivery "just in case I need it." I hate feeling forced. So far the docs have been accommodating. Pre-E hasn't even begun to show up! I'm still leery of that, however, odds are that I won't have it again.
I have another ultrasound scheduled at the end of the month because of a low-lying placenta. If it moved up, like it should have, I will be "cleared" to try for a VBAC. If it hasn't, I will be given no option as the likelihood of complication like placenta accreta is a lot higher. I do tend to think, though, that most of what they say is just scare tactics.
Of course, on the other hand, I continue to debate because it WILL be a different experience than Fuss's birth as it would be simply checking in, going to L&D/surgery, and being done. I will be scheduled a week before my due date...most likely during Thanksgiving break which is when Blondie is free from school to watch Fuss. Also, I plan to have a tubal ligation and a hernia repair. Both of those could be done at the time of the section instead of having to go under general anesthesia at a later date.
It is a lot to think about, but I am still pushing for a VBAC despite everything else. I'm also afraid of the epidural and if I do a VBAC I can do Stadol or other IV drugs instead to help with pain management (or Bradley/hypnobirthing/etc). So much left to do and decide and so little time to do it in!