Sunday, September 15, 2013

"Mommy, you have a scratch!"

Fuss and I were doing our normal bedtime routine of cuddling in my bed watching "Bubble Guppies" in our jammies (well, I was in a sports bra and pajama pants because I'm a human FURNACE tonight!) and she looked over and said, "Mommy, you have a scratch!" I asked her where it was and she ran her finger across my C-section scar. "Right there."

I giggled, but I told her, "That is where the doctor took you out of Mommy's belly." She smiled this big, shocked smile with wide eyes and asked why. "Because you got to big to stay in there anymore." She thought that was hilarious! A few months ago she had asked if the doctor was going to cut me open to get the baby out. I'm not sure where she picked that up from, but I answered her question as best I could with an "I don't know." She has yet to ask how the baby ended up IN my belly, but I'm answering as much as honestly as I can.

It was just so innocent and sweet that I had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment