Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Accident-free Day!

Day 3 of potty training went beyond expectations! Fuss had NO ACCIDENTS ALL DAY!!!! She's currently in bed, with her undies on and a cover with a flat on over that. I had to tell her she's wearing a "cover" in case of accidents instead of a "diaper" because she won't let me put one on her if I call it a diaper. Crazy kid. I am so very proud of her! She's even asked to go potty unprompted several times today. The hardest one was getting her away from playing with her friends or the dog to go potty. THIS is why I am glad I watched my daughter's cues and let her lead the way. THIS is why, when she refused to sit on the potty and cried for a diaper, I backed off and let her wear diapers for a few days. We have been allowing her to get used to the idea since she started showing interest at 15 months. It looks like we'll be officially daytime trained by her birthday! Now, I'm not saying she won't have an accident tomorrow. I actually expect it. This is her first official week of PT'ing. But I'm certain that she's "got it" and will continue to do well. Will we have set-backs? Of course! I'm not worried. I'm not going to stress her out over it either. I refuse to make this a battle of wills between us, however, I am sticking to the "no diapers" rule we have in place now. She now knows that we're "done with diapers" and she loves her Dora and Tinkerbell underwear! Onward and upward, as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment