Tuesday, March 27, 2012

11 Things About Me

Thanks for tagging me on this one Cassie from Chasing the Wolf Pack


RULES
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Tag 11 people and tell them you've tagged them.


11 Random Facts About Me

1. My favorite snack is Colby (or Colby-Jack) cheese sliced in thick slices sprinkled with sugar.
2. I grew up with my great-grandparents.
3. I am the oldest child of 5.
4. I believe in the Second Amendment and our right to bear arms...I also practice it.
5. Think that Jack Russell Terriers are MUCH less hyper than Labradors. Seriously.
6. Cried the first time I saw "Up".
7. Cry every time I watch "Marley and Me", twice. Once at the miscarriage and then again at the end.
8. My siblings go as follows: Boy, girl, boy, girl.
9. I tend to come off as snobby and snarky to people who don't know how to take me. I do tend to be a little snarky and sarcastic, but those that take the time to get to know the person behind that are the ones I treasure.
10. I was 100 pounds when I graduated high school. I am now 126 and I am very happy with that!
11. My family is more important than anything else in the world. I would give up all my possessions as long as I still had my family alongside me (and a few good friends too!), I know I'd do just fine.

 



1. What is your favorite movie?  The Princess Bride. Without a doubt! Hubby quizzes me all the time. We watch it whenever it's on and no matter where we start it, hubby asks, "It's this far in. Where are they now?" 99% of the time I get it right. I even have hubby knowing the lines at this point! Quite possibly the best movie (book?) EVER written!




2. If you could visit anywhere, where would you go?   Alaska. My goal is to visit every state before I'm too old to enjoy it. I figure Alaska is going to be the hardest for us to get to.


3. After a long day, what drink or snack do you go for?
  M&Ms and Pepsi. I'm definitely a Pepsi girl, but try to stay away from it to keep the calories and sugar down.


4. What was your favorite date you were ever on?  My first official date with my hubby. We went to Eat 'N' Park for dessert since we both had dinner plans with our families. We went around 9 and sat and talked for HOURS! Oddly, we were actually kicked out of a 24-hour restaurant! They asked us to leave so they could prep the Sunday morning breakfast bar. We sat in my car and talked for 2 more hours. So fun!


5. What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?  Zip lining. We went with my in-laws while my BIL was visiting with his then-girlfriend from California. We drove to New River Gorge and spent the day at ACE Adventures. The bus/van to take us to the top was probably 30 years old. The hike back up to the van wasn't easy either, but it was worth it! Nothing like feeling like you're flying!!


6.  What was your favorite childhood toy?
  A stuffed dog I got while in the hospital for suspected meningitis. I named him "Russell." I was 4 and I still have Russell in a place of honor. To this day, I will cuddle him when I'm extremely upset. I don't sleep with him anymore, though.


7. What is a special talent that you have?
Picking up things with my toes. I can even pick up pins and coins!


8. What is the number one thing on your bucket list? Visiting all 50 states. I'm up to, I think, 14 right now.


9. Dogs or cats? Dogs. I'm allergic to most cats.


10. If you could have one thing for dinner every night, what would it be?
Pizza.


11. What is your favorite day of the year?
Not really a "day" exactly, but the first day I see the robins in the yard. I love seeing them come back from their winter migration because it means spring is here!

1 comment:

  1. My husband won't even let me watch Marley and Me. When it was released, he asked someone if it would make me cry, and she said yes, so he vetoed the movie. Still haven't seen it. Totally agree that Princess Bride is the best movie ever!

    ReplyDelete