Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Mommy Is Never Alone

No matter when it is, a mother is never alone. To some extent, this applies to fathers too. Mostly, though, it's Mommy who is always wanted. That first person to be heard in the womb and the comfort of the arms after birth never truly goes away. Each child is different, of course, and requires differing amounts of time within that safety net.

Even when there are a few moments "alone" to do something for yourself, instead you do for your husband or your family. It is important to take time for yourself. Most of us forget this or even choose to ignore our own desire for peace and quiet, for pampering. I also find it hard to turn my mind inward and focus on nothing except myself even when I do get the rare chance to relax. I try to remember that this time is fleeting and that I won't have Fuss to cuddle forever. Some days are harder to get through than others, but I do love being a mom. I wouldn't trade that feeling for the world! And I would sacrifice all that I am for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment