Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gaining Independence

I can finally say that Fuss is beginning to gain independence from me. Yesterday, she went to my MIL's and spent a few hours there while I did school work. When I went to pick her up, she cried and told me "no" when asked if she wanted to go home. Then, last night after dinner with my Mom and sister, Fuss cried wanting to go home with Mammy! Since Mom has a compact car, there wasn't enough room for Fuss's car seat with 4 passengers. We ended up allowing Fuss to ride around the parking lot with Mammy so she thought she went somewhere, then I "picked her up."

It was very bittersweet seeing my little Fuss waving at me and saying, "Bye, bye, Mommy!" On one hand, I'm really glad she's wanting to go with other people. On the other hand, Hubby and I have had her almost exclusively for the past 2 years! It's really hard to think that she wants to go to someone else. But that's my job. That is WHY I'm an attachment parent. I can rest assured that I have not pushed Fuss beyond her comfort zone too fast. I also must remember that, as she grows, I have to allow her the freedom to grow and become the amazing little person I know she will be. The amazing and frustrating Fuss is now ready to share herself with the rest of the world, secure in the knowledge that Mommy and Daddy will be by her side the moment we are needed.

I do have to admit, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself! It's been a long road, but I'm ready for the next leg of the journey...and I'm glad Fuss is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment