Monday, May 28, 2012

#MMM A Very Manic Weekend


Manic Mommy Monday!


I'm joining in on a blog hop with The Gnome's Mom to share a little bit about the life I lead here. The Gnome's Mom is one of my favorite blogs to read and follow on a regular basis as well. If you're a blogger and would like to link up, feel free! And add us on Twitter with the hashtag #MMM


Today, I think the weekend is catching up with me. I'm fighting a migraine and just trying to find the motivation to get something done. As of Thursday evening, all my laundry was washed but not folded or put away. Wednesday morning we were called that Hubby's grandma had passed away. She was 92 and had been saying for about 2 weeks that she wanted to "go home" and "see her husband" because she was "tired." Her husband had been dead for 34 years. So, it was not completely unexpected. However, the speed at which everything else happened was rather quick. We had to get everything ready, packed, and be at her viewing on Friday evening. Of course, I was in charge of all of that. Now, I have a huge pile of unfolded, but clean, laundry on my loveseat to sort through.

The funeral was Saturday and we ended up staying until later in the evening visiting with family. It is really weird to think that Hubby and I have been married 7 years and I was just meeting some of these people for the first time! After all that was over, we drove the 2.5 hours home. Fuss slept the whole way. Even though I ended up sleeping with her at the hotel, she didn't sleep well and was exhausted.

Sunday, Fuss and I spent the day with my MIL, SIL, her husband, and their 3 kids. We even went to the pool! Fuss had a blast! She actually cried when we left asking for her Swimmy back. MIL and I are going to get pool passes for this summer since Fuss had such a good time and I will probably take her at least twice a week when I can. As soon as Hubby gets his dad's boat up and running again, we'll be headed to the lake! I can't wait!!

We also have a tomato! It is still green and still rather small, but I can't wait to see it turn red and eat it! MMMMMMMMM! Our basement is finally 98% complete. Hubby is putting up the ceiling tiles right now. After that it's only cleanup and painting. Fingers crossed nothing else comes up! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment