Sunday, April 1, 2012

Nightmares of a Mommy

After waking up this morning to Fuss calling, "Mommy, help me" because she wanted out of her bed and had a potty accident, I'm still feeling shaken. I cannot get the feeling out of my head: Fear, desperation, anxiety. Why? I had a nightmare. Fuss went missing. One minute she was there, the next gone. Thank goodness it was just a dream!

Here's how it played out:

We were at a carnival of sorts with my mom and sister. We'd been walking around all day and finally found a picnic table to sit down. Fuss was right with me as my mom and sister walked away. I put the diaper bag down to look for something inside it. Mom walks up to me and asked where Fuss was. Panic. I look frantically for her. Scream her name as I run around. No response. People aren't even paying attention to me. My sister comes up and I tell her Fuss is missing. She runs off to find help. I finally get someone to pay attention to me. They announce over the loudspeaker that a child is missing. She is 3 feet tall with brown hair and blue eyes, wearing a pink sparkly shirt and shorts. Then they say they can't help me further. WHAT?!?!?!?! So, now, I call the police...and get an automated system! I'm shaking so badly that I can't even push the buttons on my cell phone. I find a picture in my diaper bag and start grabbing people, screaming in their faces, "Have you seen my daughter?" No one seems to care. She's gone and there's nothing else I can do.

Then I wake up. I hear Fuss in her room. "Mommy, help me!" Deep breath. She's here. She's safe. I take her to the potty and clean her up then give her a huge hug. I would probably cling to her all day today if I could.

Have you ever dreamed your child went missing or was kidnapped? I have a child recovery kit I will be making sure I have filled out and in her diaper bag at all times starting today. Do you have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment