Sunday, August 19, 2012

#MMM The Reboot!

Big announcement today, Manic Mommies! Heather from 2 Sleeping Babies and I will be taking over the hosting duties of Manic Mommy Monday for Lori (The Gnome's Mom) due to the insanity and stress she has been dealing with recently. Besides, right now she has little internet access, so it just makes sense to take a step back and ask for some help. :) I love her and seriously hope all of this craziness comes to an end quickly so life can get back to normal for them. That being said, over the next couple weeks, we'll be rolling out the new format for MMM and we will have a new button for the blogs to display! If you would like to link up just head HERE and add yourself to the linky!

As for us, we had a wonderful weekend! I mentioned last week that we would be headed to Cass Scenic Railroad on Saturday to take Fuss (and myself) on a ride on a real steam locomotive! Hubby and I decided to take the dinner train since it had dinner, obviously, as well as a live bluegrass band. We left home around 11 a.m. to make a 2.5-hour drive into the mountains. It was a good thing we left early as the GPS decided to take us around the mountain! Honestly, when your GPS actually says, "Take left on Road" you know you're out in the middle of nowhere. Needless to say, we decided NOT to trust the GPS and figured out our own way there. We actually were only a few miles from where we needed to be, but for some reason the GPS decided we needed to take the service road down the mountain instead of the main road. We had no cell reception all day because the Greenbank Radio Observatory is located in the same county and there are no cell towers in the ENTIRE COUNTY!!! So, we set the phones to airplane mode and enjoyed the day cell-free. Fuss had a blast too. We explored the general store, the museum, the remains of the old saw mill (which will hopefully be restored for tours soon), and the locomotive repair shop in addition to the train ride at the end of the day. The only thing Fuss didn't like was the loudness of the whistle. And Mommy and Daddy forgot earplugs. Once we were up the mountain, we stopped for dinner and the bluegrass band Appalachian Outback. Fuss had fun dancing while we ate dinner - a great smoked beef brisket with beans, cornbread, salad, mac'n'cheese, and cake! We will definitely be going back to do the 4-hour ride to the top of Bald Knob in the future!

My cousins came to visit from Indiana. We went to church Sunday morning and had a wonderful dinner at Cracker Barrel while we talked. It was so much fun being able to spend time with them! Fuss was talking about them during her bath Sunday evening and how they were going home soon. She apparently loved the playtime she had with them as much as I enjoyed just having someone of like mind to chat with. Hopefully, we will get to see each other more often in the future.

This week starts school for most kids, but Fuss is still too young. Princess does, however, start school this year! That girl is going to give her teachers a run for their money for sure! LOL. After Sept. 4 Fuss will also be going to "daycare" 3 days a week instead of 2 and 1 day with Grandmommy. It will be a change but I think she will enjoy playing with the other 3 girls her age. As I mentioned here, Fuss has been going to a sitter on the days Daddy works. At least the sitter is my next door neighbor, so I know her well and know Fuss is taken care of. I do still feel guilty about sending her away, but I think she will really enjoy the social interaction she will have soon. She has really enjoyed the little boy that my neighbor has a few days a week as well. Fuss has even started wanting a bike so she can ride bikes with him.

That's it for today, but tune in next week for our next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment