Monday, July 30, 2012

#MMM Rollin' Right Along

Manic Mommy Monday!

I'm joining in on a blog hop with The Gnome's Mom to share a little bit about the life I lead here. The Gnome's Mom is one of my favorite blogs to read and follow on a regular basis as well. If you're a blogger and would like to link up, feel free! And add us on Twitter with the hashtag #MMM

Well, I know Lori at The Gnome's Mom is extremely busy with her recent move, so we probably won't have a linky, but hopefully, we will get a few people to read! :)

Summer is in full swing here and around the country. My favorite part of summer JUST happened...I got to eat my first home-grown, vine-ripened tomato off my own vines! Seriously, I think there should be a tomato festival somewhere (other than the one in Spain, even though throwing tomatoes at people sounds thrilling). And I just finished my first half of my first tomato with just a dash of salt on it. I would have eaten the whole thing had Hubby not wanted half, but it is his right since he worked with them as much as I did. I don't mind. There will be more!

Over the weekend, I went to my 10-year high school reunion. It was great! Okay, the food was typical buffet-style, and we should have had some tunes, but the best part was hanging out with all my old friends. Seeing who changed (and who didn't) over the years as well as meeting their other halves and getting to know each others' families.

Thanks to my MIL, Fuss had her first overnight stay. Well, not her *first*. Her first was with my mom when she was 2 months old and I was too exhausted to know my head from my butt. I slept 12 hours that night and ended up engorged, but refreshed. Anyway, so Fuss stayed all night with my MIL and FIL on Friday. MIL told me she cried for Mommy and Daddy as she was falling asleep, but she was great otherwise. She didn't even have trouble with pottying! She did, however, have an accident and wet the bed first thing in the morning. I guess because it was a new house and she didn't know what to do. The best part of it is that she actually ASKED to go stay over with my mom and step-dad after we had dinner with them Sunday night! Apparently she enjoyed herself! :)

I am still working on getting a decent routine going between housework and work. It is really difficult to separate the two. At least I know one of them doesn't have a deadline! I managed to get Fuss's 2T clothes all boxed up for storage and her 3T clothes out to wear. This kid is growing way too fast for me. She honestly grew an inch in just over 2 weeks. And I am beginning to feel that guilt slip in now and then that I should be still focusing on her, enjoying taking her to the pool or for ice cream, instead of sitting inside all day during the week typing medical reports. It's dumb. I know it is. I know I'm working to provide a better home for her and, hopefully, a second baby for the future. But she doesn't understand. And I hate that look when she breaks down in tears because she just wants Mommy to play and I can't leave my work. THAT has got to be the hardest part of being a working mother, especially a work-at-home mom. I feel twinges of guilt that I have to have a sitter for half the week so I can work and Hubby can sleep. *I* should be the one playing in the sandbox with her or drawing on the sidewalk! It makes me sad and angry all at the same time. And I often wonder if it is really for the best. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment