A blog about life as I know it...cloth diapers, family, friends, and all the fun (and frustration) of being a parent.
Showing posts with label VBAC. Show all posts
Showing posts with label VBAC. Show all posts
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Great news!
Well, I had my ultrasound yesterday. I found out several things. 1) My placenta moved up from 2.5 cm to 4.5 cm, so we are still on track for a VBAC! 2) There is less risk of having a placenta accreta because the placenta itself looks smooth and noninvasive...although there are no guarantees. And 3) Baby boy looks AMAZING! He was literally folded in half during the entire exam with his feet by his head! LOL.
Friday, September 6, 2013
Wow! Hello 3rd Trimester!
In some ways this pregnancy has just dragged on. But to think about the fact that as of Saturday (9/7) I will have just 90 days left is mind-blowing! Only 90 days until we see the face of our baby boy. When Fuss is no longer and only child.
I am still back-and-forth on the final decision of VBAC or RCS. On one hand, I really want to try for a VBAC. I feel like I was robbed of the chance with Fuss. The doctors are now starting to push more for a repeat C-section. Reiterating the risks over and over. Telling me that I will have a full staff in the OR and an anesthesiologist the second I go into the hospital until delivery "just in case I need it." I hate feeling forced. So far the docs have been accommodating. Pre-E hasn't even begun to show up! I'm still leery of that, however, odds are that I won't have it again.
I have another ultrasound scheduled at the end of the month because of a low-lying placenta. If it moved up, like it should have, I will be "cleared" to try for a VBAC. If it hasn't, I will be given no option as the likelihood of complication like placenta accreta is a lot higher. I do tend to think, though, that most of what they say is just scare tactics.
Of course, on the other hand, I continue to debate because it WILL be a different experience than Fuss's birth as it would be simply checking in, going to L&D/surgery, and being done. I will be scheduled a week before my due date...most likely during Thanksgiving break which is when Blondie is free from school to watch Fuss. Also, I plan to have a tubal ligation and a hernia repair. Both of those could be done at the time of the section instead of having to go under general anesthesia at a later date.
It is a lot to think about, but I am still pushing for a VBAC despite everything else. I'm also afraid of the epidural and if I do a VBAC I can do Stadol or other IV drugs instead to help with pain management (or Bradley/hypnobirthing/etc). So much left to do and decide and so little time to do it in!
I am still back-and-forth on the final decision of VBAC or RCS. On one hand, I really want to try for a VBAC. I feel like I was robbed of the chance with Fuss. The doctors are now starting to push more for a repeat C-section. Reiterating the risks over and over. Telling me that I will have a full staff in the OR and an anesthesiologist the second I go into the hospital until delivery "just in case I need it." I hate feeling forced. So far the docs have been accommodating. Pre-E hasn't even begun to show up! I'm still leery of that, however, odds are that I won't have it again.
I have another ultrasound scheduled at the end of the month because of a low-lying placenta. If it moved up, like it should have, I will be "cleared" to try for a VBAC. If it hasn't, I will be given no option as the likelihood of complication like placenta accreta is a lot higher. I do tend to think, though, that most of what they say is just scare tactics.
Of course, on the other hand, I continue to debate because it WILL be a different experience than Fuss's birth as it would be simply checking in, going to L&D/surgery, and being done. I will be scheduled a week before my due date...most likely during Thanksgiving break which is when Blondie is free from school to watch Fuss. Also, I plan to have a tubal ligation and a hernia repair. Both of those could be done at the time of the section instead of having to go under general anesthesia at a later date.
It is a lot to think about, but I am still pushing for a VBAC despite everything else. I'm also afraid of the epidural and if I do a VBAC I can do Stadol or other IV drugs instead to help with pain management (or Bradley/hypnobirthing/etc). So much left to do and decide and so little time to do it in!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)