Monday, August 13, 2012

#MMM Funerals and Bees

Manic Mommy Monday!


I'm joining in on a blog hop with The Gnome's Mom to share a little bit about the life I lead here. The Gnome's Mom is one of my favorite blogs to read and follow on a regular basis as well. If you're a blogger and would like to link up, feel free! And add us on Twitter with the hashtag #MMM



Last week we had an unplanned trip to Atlanta for a funeral. Hubby's uncle passed away after only 2 weeks' diagnosis with colon cancer. This particular uncle called me "Little Bite Me". I met him when I was 19 (shortly after starting to date hubby) and I was still a little, shall we say, "spunky"! lol. He was teasing me at breakfast because I didn't eat very much, so I told him to "Bite me". *blush* He thought it was hilarious (after getting over the initial shock) and called me that affectionately thereafter. He even threatened to videotape my wedding and put "Little Bite Me's Wedding" as the title on it! LOL. He was a great person and will be very much missed. I heard a random song bird the night before we left for Atlanta to go to his funeral. It made me wonder because it was 10 p.m. Then I thought, must be Uncle Skip coming to say hi.

For the rest of the Manic Days, Fuss just got her first bee sting today. From a yellow jacket. We have also had a mystery rash on her hands and feet with complaints of her "feet and mouth hurts". No fever and no blisters, so I'm not exactly sure it's hand-foot-and-mouth disease, but only a few more days' wait will tell us for sure. Today, my main concern is watching Fuss to make sure she isn't going to have a reaction to the bee sting.

I also have my first check on the way to me for my "real" job. I am still enjoying it, and the flexibility is great (3 days off for the funeral with no backlash). I will eventually get into a rhythm with this job and be able to figure out how things fit in different slots. Eventually.

Oh! And we are going to Cass Scenic Railroad this weekend for the 2-hour train ride and dinner on the mountain! I can't wait! Fuss loves trains and I just know she'll have a blast!

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment